Kitchen Interior

I think some more reflections would alleviate all the whiteness. Like on the range top which might be black glass, white counter top and the sink in back.

The knobs on the range look very small. I would open some of the window panels to allow more green to show through, once again to get more color. White counter top could have some kitchen accessory or a fruit basket or wine bottle and glasses. Or the wine could be in the foreground.

I would have the 4 ceiling lights turned on with halos. Items on the back wall seem timid. I think you could have a nice calendar there.

Feels so tight - you can always cheat and make it wider or rotate the walls out some.

Edited by heni30

Thanks for the response and my apologies for responding so late myself, it's been a busy weekend.

You are touching pretty much on all the issues that I encountered when I worked on the project, between the walls, the cabinets, and the counter tops it is a very white kitchen. I like the idea of opening the window panels, I'll definitely work that in.

The composition is intended to be minimalistic so I didn't want to add accessories aside from the very basics. However it is lacking some "life" right now, so I guess I'll be adding more items (carefully).

Having the lights on in a daylight scene felt wrong at first but you are absolutely right, it'll look a lot better.

I like the ideas of opening the space up, placing a camera was extremely difficult and like you pointed out, it still feels tight.

So thanks again, that was really helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i like your scenes :D , but i don't know why I felt the floor is less suitable . is that kind of floor common use in there ?

i want to ask about the camera setting for a small room like that , because when i change the value of focal length or film gate the model or object looks more wider :( .

Thanks guys,

@ian: The floor is a waxed terracotta tile, so the brick like color variation is due to variation in clay color and the reflection and gloss is from the wax finish. I guess whether it's "common" or not depends on the location, I hear it is very common in the south of France and other parts of southern Europe.

The focal length is 40mm and the film gate is 36mm. I tried wider angles and different film gates but found that the stretching and distortion became too noticeable.

@george: That's a great reference as it is a very similar project. Who's work is that? I do see how some of these props are adding a lot more color to the image, however I think it is too much. The space that is already very tight feels cluttered, what you are achieving by placing those jars on the counter top is that the viewer sees: put a few jars here and you won't have any counter space left. I most certainly don't understand the tree under the table.

Despite the very high end finishes it looks like a student lives in the space who forgot to clean up before the real estate photographer came by. However I understand what you are trying to tell me, a few more pieces will give you something to look at (which will also distract you from trying to look for CG tells)

The trick will be to find the happy medium.

Edited by Fr3Drick Law Olmstead

The quality of the interior renders is amazing. I do have a hard time though understanding the point of the state the room is in though. If it is strictly a "story" that is supposed to be told here, I feel like the linen and other props are too clean to fit the appearance of the room. I can't imagine that these renders could be used for arch viz or marketing purposes as I don't think that anybody would want a real estate project to be presented run down and not taken care of in decades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...