House in the Woods

nitz3D

1405854295.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3Ds Max, Vray, Photoshop
Description:

Hey All,

Here's my latest work done in the spare time for myself.

Not a modelling guy. Just wanted to do try my hands on modelling stuff..

Comments and critics are most welcome.

Here's the passes i used to create the Final Image.

Passes.jpg

I don't know... I usually don't like the non-photoreal vibe, but I kinda dig this. The softer palette is nice and the effort you put it on the details like leaves and volume lighting turned out well.

I don't like your composition, though. My eye goes straight to the car for some reason and I think that completely discounts your wok elsewhere. If it is a residential render then the house should be the focal point and the lighting should be the "wow" factor. Not sure exactly what to suggest here, but less foreground or maybe a portrait aspect ratio would be better.

Hey Corey..

Thanks...

Actually I had modeled this house approx a year ago. Was going through my Old Work files and came across with this model.. Just thought of giving it a landscape to stand on and started working. The only thing that came into my mind was a Jungle look... Wanted to focus more on the landscape rather than the house... But really appreciate and understand what u saying and will keep that in mind and hope that u will find it much better in my later renders..

Thanks again...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...