Needed help with Vue and 3dsmax MR render related issue

neerajubhayakar

Hi I am using Vue and Max.I am working on a project for a company for which they wanto render some massive scale landscapes in Vue.We were earlier using maya mentalray but it culdnt handle the scene scale and we culdnt get good quality result with maya mr and vue.So we hav recently switched to 3dsmax render and we are able to get good quality renders in it with max's mentalray.

The only issue which I am facing is that when i am rendering the vue image (multipass exr) with zip compression,I am not getting high quality antialiasing. Instead.Instead when I see the passes information in the exr file in nuke I am seeing these jagged edges instead of a hi quality render.

Could any one pls help me out? Or tell me which settings shud I use to get high quality Antialiased passes renders?

I will also send u a snapshot of my settings later, so that u can have a look at it..

But basically I just need a high quality antialiased render passes just like the max render is doing.

Exr_settings.JPG

Exr_TextureAA_settings.JPG

Edited by neerajubhayakar

I have not used VUE for a while now, and in the company that I work now they don't have it. For what I remember is VUE was very problematic with the passes. I remember that at least in version 8 Vue could not render antialised multipasses within MAX or Maya, they were not pixel based, if you need to render something from VUE that you could not get from Mental Ray it had to be render within VUE app.

I decided just use Mental Ray passes not VUE's, so in your first checkbox, I check use native render quality and let Mental Ray take control of everything.

But then you can't render separate layers/objects in 3D Max like you can in VUE, so I created manually those passes, turning on and off what was need it. I also turned off Multiframe Antialising in VUE.

Hope this help you a little,

Try to contact e-on support they my guide you with a better solution or work around.

Vue is a great tool for some stuff but integrated within Max or Maya it is a real pain. Since MultiScatter or Forrest pro I have no need to use VUE for landscaping or large terrain animations. But still there is some stuff that only Vue can do it faster and better, but for those I would recommend to render within Vue app, you will need more render machines thou.