How to see VRAYDIRT in viewport?

thanulee

no mate

im saying it works

So u add a vraydirt on a vraylight material. And then u add it to override slot. And u can see it in viewport? It doesnt work for me. And why u have to add it to override slot? Am i missing something?

Well, i think i found a workaround. Only when normal inverted (mtl editor) i can see the dirt map. Also i go on options on mtl editor and i set render sample size to around 25. Thus i can see approximately in my material thumb what is going on. I didnt figure how i can see in viewport, but this works for me just fine!

dirt preview.JPG

Edited by thanulee

So u add a vraydirt on a vraylight material. And then u add it to override slot. And u can see it in viewport? It doesnt work for me. And why u have to add it to override slot? Am i missing something?

Well, i think i found a workaround. Only when normal inverted (mtl editor) i can see the dirt map. Also i go on options on mtl editor and i set render sample size to around 25. Thus i can see approximately in my material thumb what is going on. I didnt figure how i can see in viewport, but this works for me just fine!

You can not see it in the viewport, it is simply not possible. the reason you can see it in that preview is that when you invert it you are shading outside corners (like your preview box for example) instead of inside corners (the box has not inside corners). _ _'s suggestion was to put it in a vray light material in the override so you could fire off a really quick render that shows exactly where the dirt is, adjust until you are happy and you are done.

My comment made little sense. What I was saying is that you can bake vray dirt to a texture using the projection modifier. In this case it is not what you want (simply being able to see it to adjust it) but it can be useful in certain situations.