Negative Edge Pool Water Fall

jasonstewart

Curious if anyone has had to do something like:

clear-water-sheet-1_0.jpg

RooftopSheet.jpg

I have tried for way too long to try to get something like this but I am having a hard time with it. I have a berconnoise that is elongated to have that ripple effect but I can't seem to come up with something believable from a distance.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I did something similar long time ago, can't find the files but I remember I did used a dense mesh, double side instead of single one, to get better reflections, the rest was noise in the bump and displ. for the edges I select them and apply noise modifier to create that distortion.

for the splash you can use ripple modifier with a mix map of actual foam image with your water shader.

If it is not animated that will do the trick ;)

Create a plane with a decent amount of quads, bend and/or move verts into place to get the initial shape. Add a poly select, select the lowest row(s) of verts and add in some soft selection to get a falloff to end just just around the top of the curve. Add a wave modifer and rotate the gizmo to give you the waves you need and adjust the settings as needed. These tend to be pretty low settings so don't go too high initially. Add a noise modifier and play with the settings until you get the rippling just right. You can add more noise modifier as you wish as well. Then you can add the bercon noise in the material to get the super small water eddies detail.

Turbosmooth as needed.

Waterfall.jpg

If you wish to give it some extra affect for a long exposure, do it in Photoshop. http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/waterfalls/

Edited by VelvetElvis