Vray Clipper Questions

shauncarollo

So I'm working through an animation at work and have a few questions regarding the Vray Clipper as I've never used it.

Is there any way to have it not clip my scenes that are Xref'd in? Did a quick search but haven't found anything. I would think this functionality would be built in, but haven't came across anyone asking for the same thing. Is my only workaround to merge those scenes and exclude what I don't want clipped?

Also, say I am using the clipper to create a floor plan view during the animation. This clipping section will move down in height along the building until stopping at the ground floor. When rendering this out; I will have to be using brute force correct? As this would be similar to rendering an animation with a moving object? One further question that comes from the last; Say my animation is 100 frames, can I render out 50 with im/lc, and then switch to bf/bf or bf/lc for the only 50 frames where the clipper is active and moving?

Thanks.

Depending on your scene, you could always just use a vray sphere around your clipping action for brute force. If you switch in the middle, you might see a small pop depending on the gained detail difference between your save maps and brute force.

This was before the clipper object, but this should work with excluding your xref objects as it is controlled by materials.

http://therenderblog.com/render-time-perfect-booleans-with-vraydistancetex/

It depends on how much in frame your slicing is going to be, but just doing the vray sphere option will save you from having to calculate brute force on the entire rendered frame. Typically that's how I've done them in the past. Just render out your background with the typical saved imaps. Then run just the # of frames you need for the slicing with a vray sphere around your building and brute force turned on. Then comp the two frames together.