vray animation render setting help urgent !!

neilmanisharma

hi i know this post is common but i wana clear some doubts !

moslt i read to use IR+LC on multiframe on IR and fly thru on LC and check dont render final,use nTh frame, image then use IR from file and turn off secondary engine !

but after many research i collected and found

IR-animation prepass

LC-single frame

Tick dont render final image,

then finally after the prepass

Ir-from file

Secondary engine off.

i want to know whats the diff. between these methods,i usally need to render out short animations with less camera movements and few moving objects like human,objects,liquid.

hi i know this post is common but i wana clear some doubts !

moslt i read to use IR+LC on multiframe on IR and fly thru on LC and check dont render final,use nTh frame, image then use IR from file and turn off secondary engine !

Never used this method.. seems like a waste.. you only need to do the LC pass once on world and flythru.. so whats the point of doing it every frame?

1 - Set vray to LC, change scale to 'world' set to flythru and 'use camera path'

2 - Render the LC for 1 frame and save out the LC.

3 - Load the LC and set IR to multiframe incremental, use camera path and every nth frame.

4 - Render IR for every nth frame and save it out.

5 - Load IR and LC and render final animation.

If you have moving objects then you may get issues with this method due to only calculating every few frames.. therefor render your moving objects as passes and with brute force if possible.

Cameron, Your method is the same thing just an older understanding of it. When you render LC on Flythrough with the IRR on every Nth frame, it gets stored in the same file and you can save the double pre-processing. I'm pretty sre this is what Neilmani is asking.

Neilmani, The difference between the 2 methods, multiframe incremental and Animation prass... I don't know the technical details well enough to explain, but having used both many times, I can say that the Animation Prepass method creates brightness swells throughout your animation. I would use the IRR+LC you are asking about. Animation Prepass interpolates across a +/- frame value that you set and it creates peaks and valleys of brightness. IRR+LC is a smooth, forward-looking transition of brightness.

Cameron is correct about the last portion. Brute force is the best/only way to clean moving objects.

Cameron, Your method is the same thing just an older understanding of it. When you render LC on Flythrough with the IRR on every Nth frame, it gets stored in the same file and you can save the double pre-processing. I'm pretty sre this is what Neilmani is asking.

But if you do it that way you are calculating the LC every Nth frame which is not necessary, and wastes extra time.

If you split it into 2 then you calculate the LC once and you are done.

If you are mostly rendering animations where Objects are moving then you will be best to just render Brute Force +LC. It takes more time, but Vray 3.0 has improved this a lot. You may also have a look at some of the Grant Warwick tutorials online to help improve the quality/time balance.

Only when the scene is static and the camera moves do you want to use IRR. Irrandiance Maps are basically a 3D map of the camera-facing surfaces. If your scene is changing (objects moving position) then you cannot build a stable map, especially when you are only looking at the scene every nth frame.

Nope. With Brute Force you can leave your secondary as Light Cache on Single Frame.

It's going to be slow, but it's going to be your best bet.

Also, Untick Time Independent in your DMC rollout. This will give you a more natural noise result. Leaving it on tends to look like you've placed a noise overlay on your animation in post and you of gives you new noise results for each frame. This will dance a little, but it will be natural to the frame rather than a static over top.