4K 3D Walkthrough

muhamedthufail

Hi,

I have a new client asking for 4K resolution 3D Walkthrough. I've tried searching for it online and couldn't find any. Is it possible to render this frame size for walkthrough ? Is there any technical difficulties other than rendering time?. Can anyone share one 4K resolution walkthrough if you have seen any?

Thanks in advance.

:)

I dont think there are any limitations inherently in max to render a movie with 4k resolution, but you might experience some playback issues when viewing the video. Also there may be limitations on different formats. You should setup a really simple scene and render out a short movie to experiment a bit and see what works.

I can't see any issues other than the time it will take to render it out.

It might be worth your time asking the client if they plan to watch it on a 4K display? I know it sounds silly, but people ask for these things because they think it's what they want/need but most of the time they haven't a clue. We're the professionals that need to lead them in the right direction.

I can't see any issues other than the time it will take to render it out.

It might be worth your time asking the client if they plan to watch it on a 4K display? I know it sounds silly, but people ask for these things because they think it's what they want/need but most of the time they haven't a clue. We're the professionals that need to lead them in the right direction.

Chris is ABSOLUTELY right here... clients just know buzz words... they know that 4k is the next best thing, but they don't understand that very few methods of viewing have true 4k capacity.

To date, I have had only one client know the depth of what they were asking for and we had to tell them that the timeline was insufficient. I'm at a large studio where power is not one of our key issues and this was a game changer. We could do it, but we need time - time is the determining factor in 4k. Definitely consult/inform your client. Perhaps a 1920 x 1080 is good enough.