select by modifier

komyali

I made big scene with thousands of objects, and use slice instance bla bla, but now I have new objects and when I put old slice instance it doesnt put slice plane on right spot. I have two options to select all objects with slice ( I dont know how to select objects by modifier ) or to off slice and put new modifier ( is it ok because of geometry and other stuff)? any sugestions

Generally when it comes to modelling, if tools don't work as they should, reset the Xform modifier.

In my experience issues such as this tend to happen as a result of too many modfiers on an object, or some corrupt geometry/scene. If you need to have the option of returning to a previous stage of the model in the stack, save out a revision of the scene under a different file name. That way you can always go back to it.

When you have done the above, collpase your stack -> Reset Xform and carry on. I always tend to collapse stacked geometry when I get to a certain stage in my workflow. It also speeds up your scene and reduces memory usage.

Edited by Dan.Corris