Downgrading from 3ds Max Design 2015 SP3 to SP2 - is it possible?

matthewgriswold

I've gone an done it. I installed SP3 in the middle of a deadline, now my Distributed Rendering has gone down. The only thing I've changed (that I can think of) in my setup was installing the Service Pack.

Does anyone have experience uninstalling service packs? Is that even possible, or do I need to uninstall 3ds max and be choosy about the service packs I install?

The curious thing is my backburner jobs still work. Using V-Ray 2.50.01.

Appreciate the help.

Of course, the only issue is if you had already used features that the service pack provided, but that is often minor and the log notes warn you of that.

// from the http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/3dsMax2015_SP3_Readme.htm

Uninstall:

Windows 7 / Windows 8

1. Open Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.

2. Click View Installed Updates.

3. Select Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 Service Pack 3 / Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015 Service Pack 3.

4. Click Uninstall.

And this:

If you uninstall SP3, the software will cause an error when you try to run 3ds Max 2015. After uninstalling SP3 you must modify or remove the following file in order to run 3ds Max 2015:

The problem file is Workspace1.se.ini. This file is located here: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2015 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\UI\Workspaces.

At the very end of the file there are the following two identical lines:

Visible=True

Visible=True

To fix the problem, you can remove the second "Visible=True" line, or delete the Workspace1.se.ini file completely.

Edited by RyderSK