Got the new Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K and 3D work is divine again :)

Hi all,

this topic is not to brag or anything, just to share some possibly useful info...

I just got Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K for productive stuff (3D and 2D work) and it is remarkable.

It has slightly higher DPI than my older monitor which is 27" 2560x1440 IPS- 110 DPI vs 108 DPI so there is no need to adjust Windows DPI settings and sacrifice work space.

The monitor is really large and even my 70 cm. desk depth seems insufficient (I wish it was 20 cm. deeper) but I am getting used to it and it is only my second day with it.

No adjustable height, tilt or rotation but it has a VESA mount on the back. Bezels are very, very slim. Coating is definitely not as grainy as my other 3 monitors (2 Dells and 1 Hazro), in fact it is very light, just not as glossy as an Apple Cinema display.

It is a VA panal and colours are very, very nice (deep blacks and bright whites as well).

It costed me 685.00 GBP (England).

Have not done any gaming on it since I don't have the horse power to drive all those pixels :)

For people's impression head over to:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18634255. The good stuff begins after the 10th page.

For official review this just came out:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm

Anyway- hope it helps to anyone who wants to jump on the 4K waggon :)

Edited by branskyj

Wright you are, Philippe. When I bought my desk from IKEA I got the deepest one and now I regret not getting even deeper one from a different company. Luckily I have two of them and will figure out some way of making it work.

Right now I am looking for an excuse to buy two GTX 980s or maybe wait some more for the GTX 990 and enjoy Crysis 3 the way it's meant to be played :)