Motion blur 180 shutter rule

thanulee

Hello,

How i achieve the 180 shutter with vray motion blur? I add the mblur from the camera tab (not the vraycamera) cause im using a regular camera and it has this "frame duration" set to 1.0

This equals to 360 degrees shutter? I just need to get this to 0.5 to have 180 degrees? Im on 25 fps btw.

Thanks!

I would strongly recommend to use the V Ray camera, you will get more realistic motion blur and boke, better sampling and render speed.

Then you can setup your camera to work as still camera (dslr) where you have to controls speed and Fstop for motion blur or you can switch to Movie camera where you can setup the shutter angle.

is for any reason you have to use Max camera just adjust the duration frame value. That following the theory for mechanicals video cameras should be every other frame, so 0.5 will create similar result of 180 Degrees. You may need to increase the sampling thou, and here is where V_Ray camera take the advantage, at similar samples, V_Ray camera give cleaner blur... that sound funny. but you get the point ;)

You may need to increase the sampling thou, and here is where V_Ray camera take the advantage, at similar samples, V_Ray camera give cleaner blur... that sound funny. but you get the point ;)

Do you have any source for this ?

Motion blur and Depth of field are render effects, they get computed irregardless of where in the UI you set them up (either generally using viewport, standard or Vray cam, or directly in Vray cam, all 4 options being equal).

Vray 3 no longer has camera subdivs for DOF and MB, but instead takes value from DMC sampler directly. This was actually the case often before anyway, since the larger number would take precedence, but they unified this probably for sake of clarity.

Do you have any source for this ?

Motion blur and Depth of field are render effects, they get computed irregardless of where in the UI you set them up (either generally using viewport, standard or Vray cam, or directly in Vray cam, all 4 options being equal).

Vray 3 no longer has camera subdivs for DOF and MB, but instead takes value from DMC sampler directly. This was actually the case often before anyway, since the larger number would take precedence, but they unified this probably for sake of clarity.

Not really, but when I used in the past it always felt cleaner, besides the options in the render panel they feel confusing, rather using traditional camera concepts such FStop, Speed and so on.

but at the office we are still with V Ray 2.x so on version 3 I am sure things are different.

Edited by fco3d

Ok I see. Then I believe the following concept happened perhaps ?:

Without Vray camera, both AA and Dof was computed using DMC Sampler in Render settings. Let's say 1/12.

With Vray camera, and Dof or MB (or both) enabled, camera subdivs were set higher, for example, 100. This actually overrides DMC sampler as well, but Vray never explained this so most users were oblivious of this fact. At this point, the DMC also became 1/100 thus. This rendered faster with cleaner Dof/MB at same time.

To avoid this scenario, Vray 3.0+ took away camera subdivs.