how is that animation made?

xjapanese

Hi guys,

I don't have much experience in animation optimization.I found that animation ( the architecture is terrible though ) but I seem to find some parts of the making of the animation that I wonder how they were made.I would appreciate your guesses on them.And these are as follows:

1. Foamed Water in the river moving?

2.What light set up is used.I am assuming the GI is not used

3.Volumetric effects of light in the crown of the trees.Is that straight from 3ds vray or is post processed in AE somehow

Thanks

Ugh, bloom is a privilege not a right. Bloom to real time arch viz is like lens flares to JJ Abrams.

star-trek-lens-flare.jpg

Anyway. It looks like either Luminon or TwinMotion. All of the post effects can be (over)done in those engines. Same thing with water effects, that can be done in Luminon itself and I'm guessing TwinMotion can do it as well. It's essentially an animated water texture.

Well it's real time, so it depends on your graphics card more than anything. For a simple scene on a half decent video card it should take just a little longer than the actual animation itself to create. So if you had 3 minutes of animation, it might take 5-6 minutes to create it. It really depends though.

As a Lumion user, I can tell you it's definitely Lumion. I have exported frames in 20 seconds or less. A lot depends on the various effects you apply to your model before running the animation sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

I am by no means any expert in making good looking animations myself, and no offence to anyone, but all these Lumion videos that I see looks more like just an animation that's been made "just to make an animation." They give me nothing. It's just a mess.

Lack of good framing (no time spent on real camera setup), lack of focus on details (because Lumion provides bad detail rendrings), lack on architectural functions (things are just being placed in the scene, because it's so easy to drag and drop). Also effects are overdone, because people that makes them "finally can make a cool effect".

They all give me a too high sense of quick and cheap work being carried out by someone who does not have the knowledge for how to present the good functions of a project.

• 6 months later...