fantastic animation of Z. Hadid

Thanks for posting. Amazing things being done with light, glints, reflections etc. I was re-watching Syriana last night and those Porsches are definitely an Emir security motorcade. Not really very secure as shown in the last scene in the movie.

What's your take on her - a flash in the pan? My daughter's bff's dad who is a senior VP in a major architectural firm (with offices in China) just scoffs and says she's just a passing trend.

I admire her staying unflinchingly true to her abstract vision from the very beginning.

Edited by heni30

Definitely not a trend :- ) She does get a lot of hate which often borders on irrational (though hardly on same level as poor Gehry), but everyone who is both exceptional and controversial does. She's far more than pop-icon, and definitely will keep lasting legacy (of both disdain and admiration). Love her works, and her attitude.

I thought MIR wouldn't do animation, but they already produced two so exceptional ones (both for Zaha hah). What more to say...they're such phenomenal studio I don't think anyone else will ever catch up. Living legends..

I have a love/hate feeling about her work. Of course it's phenomenal, extraordinary sculpture. BUT it's for people - ordinary people who are going to be occupying these spaces and walking by these other-planetary objects. As architecture they are kind of overwhelming (wtf?) to the ordinary lay person. It seems like this is the trend nowadays - to see who can out do each other by designing the most outlandish self-indulgent buildings. I'd much rather be in Paris than Beijing. Parts of the movie "Her" were filmed in Shanghai to create this feeling of futuristic creepiness.

I have a love/hate feeling about her work. Of course it's phenomenal, extraordinary sculpture. BUT it's for people - ordinary people who are going to be occupying these spaces and walking by these other-planetary objects. As architecture they are kind of overwhelming (wtf?) to the ordinary lay person. It seems like this is the trend nowadays - to see who can out do each other by designing the most outlandish self-indulgent buildings. I'd much rather be in Paris than Beijing. Parts of the movie "Her" were filmed in Shanghai to create this feeling of futuristic creepiness.

What utter hogwash. Make things shit and boring so 'lay people' can understand just how they are shit and boring? No thanks. And there are no such thing as lay people in regards to the experience of architecture, only people, they experience it just the same.

Burnhams words, far more eloquent than mine: ""Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."

I didn't say boring. I was referring to walking down the street and seeing garish buildings that don't relate to each other

and disregard any kind of broader city scale continuity integration, which is why I mentioned Paris (Haussman). Even the Chinese have said they're tired of being an architectural experiment lab and they're going to re-think the strategy of building weird isolated buildings.

The perfect example is The Broad Museum in LA being finished up right down the street from Ghery's Disney Concert Hall in completely wildly individualistic styles that bear no relation to each other in an urban context.

Edited by heni30

I didn't say boring. I was referring to walking down the street and seeing garish buildings that don't relate to each other

and disregard any kind of broader city scale continuity integration, which is why I mentioned Paris (Haussman). Even the Chinese have said they're tired of being an architectural experiment lab and they're going to re-think the strategy of building weird isolated buildings.

The perfect example is The Broad Museum in LA being finished up right down the street from Ghery's Disney Concert Hall in completely wildly individualistic styles that bear to relation to each other in an urban context.

Im not sure how that relates to Zaha Hadid. This building (if the video is to be believed) nis smack in the middle of the desert and observes its context quite diligently in its design. Rolling, dune-like forms..... a suggestion of vag. Very Zaha.

Zaha and her body of work are too old to die young. I don't always love her work, but it is important and as said by Tom, isn't there to defy the status-quo but to be whatever it is on it's own.

In a city that has until fairly recently been all-too-homogeneous, one of history's most context-ignoring buildings is Wright's Guggenheim. We're not giving that one back.

Anyway, I was really posting this to show the great work on the animation.

Not talking about the architecture here, talking about the structure of the video.

I found it pretentious and boring. I don't get it; such beautiful and high quality shots but way too long and dull.

I suppose it's a case where they had to do what the client asked for.

I can't do CG as good as this at this point, it's the way it's presented i don't like.

In this case her design totally kicks arse!

It feels like it belongs in there in the desert, mimicking the sand dunes and playing with the winds, which the animation captures so well. It just looks surreal and that's the beauty of Zaha's designs. She gets a lot of criticism because people say it looks like the spaceship has landed, but seriously, have anyone actually seen a real alien spaceship yet? Its definitely not the most efficient and economical design, but we cannot make the whole world an efficient glass box, that would be a very boring world.

The animation looks amazing, the exterior shots look very surreal, like taken from some mystical movie, but interior I feel is a bit mundane and ordinary, maybe they were short on time for the interiors or maybe the design wasn't developed much and they had to improvise it.

without the music, crap

with the music, i said to myself and now to you:

'this should not exist'

could not make it all the way through this

I went back to watch it again and when the 'music

dramatized herself' (:confused:) with the sun coming from behind the

building i hung my head in shame that I was giving it a second chance.

the first time I attempted to watch it, I made bout 30 seconds in

would icing that bad be put on a full baked cake?...

not much more exciting than a trip to an american supermarket

music has a psychological effect, whatever, blah, which is going to overpower

whatever it is that is made in the animations, which soon enough

there will be some 11 year olds making stuff better than this

if folks don't refine they ears... (not gonna happen)

...BOGUS....:o:p:o:p:o:p:o:p:o:rolleyes: