Blotchy Render

hoseinasadi

I would have expected to see the blotchy marks everywhere unless you are rendering a region, but I would try rendering with "Show Samples" unchecked in the Irradiance Rollout.

Yup that was the issue. But why is it so patchy around the light when show samples is ticked?

My guess would be because here you have your most simplified geometry and Vray is using fewer samples here so they show up. In the other areas, you are likely using more samples and the blurring between them is giving you a kind of smoothness that is more acceptable.

Just a thought

Thanks a bunch dude. One more thing, areas around the light and those close to the light are pretty much noisy and I dont know whats causing it. Is there any tweaking to make them gone?

P.S:

IR : Hsph sub:50, Interp Samples:40

LC: Subd: 1400, Prefilter:20

DMC: Adaptive amount: 0.85, noise: 0.005

noisy.jpg

Edited by hoseinasadi

Seems like a low light condition.

Try using a higher interpolation on your IRR Samples and definitely use a higher Light Cache value.

In the end it will likely need to get more GI.

Image above was rendering with following settings:

IR : Hsph sub:50, Interp Samples:40

LC: Subd: 1400, Prefilter:20

DMC: Adaptive amount: 0.85, noise: 0.005

By more GI , you mean I should be adding more lights?

Yeah, sorry. More illumination I should have said.

A photographer might use a bounce card to bring a soft light into the shadow areas which will help Vray better determine the pixels in that area.

I used an omni light behind the camera and set its far attenuation to cover up the whole scene. the noise still persists tho.

I think it can be glossy samples or shadow samples(from the light).

Everything is so dark that is hard to tell, when darker your image or less lights you have, your GI will have to work more, this mean you will need eight setting for GI.

I would put a big plane light behind the camera, only affecting diffuse, and try to get a even soft illumination, then place your accents light or key lights, and in Post make the image darker. Otherwise you'll need higher setting in your GI and samples and this only will give you a very slow render.

I think it can be glossy samples or shadow samples(from the light).

Everything is so dark that is hard to tell, when darker your image or less lights you have, your GI will have to work more, this mean you will need eight setting for GI.

I would put a big plane light behind the camera, only affecting diffuse, and try to get a even soft illumination, then place your accents light or key lights, and in Post make the image darker. Otherwise you'll need higher setting in your GI and samples and this only will give you a very slow render.

Thanks for the heads up. What exactly do you mean by 8 setting for GI tho?