Want work from abroad

MohammedYusuf

Hi guys,

I am a 3d artist from India. I deal in interior views. I have done several projects for Indian clients. I want to work for overseas clients like Interior designers, architects, builders etc. But I dont know how to find these clients. I would appreciate if anybody tell me how can I find overseas clients. It will be a great favor to me.

It is always tricky. If you browse through these forums, there are some very helpful older threads about this.

Some people canvass architects, developers, builders and the like via email or telephone, and this may help raise awareness of you and your work, but you are always competing with the local visualisation studios/individuals who have built up a relationship over time.

I think the best way is through your existing contacts. Satisfied clients will often refer you on to new potential clients through word of mouth.

Thanks Douglas..But I cant rely on existing clients only. As I told I want work from abroad. I have a fair idea that in Europe or US the artists charge any where between $1000-$1200 per image ( If I am not wrong). But we can give the same quality in lesser amount for overseas client, say around 300-400 dollars per image which is a good price for us in India. In India a good client pays maximum $100 per image. That is the standard here.

I worked for companies in USA that sometimes outsourced to China, but it wasn't always because of the price, it was because of very tight deadlines.

It is not easy to find clients abroad, the Chinese firm (the biggest one) actually visited the company I worked at to introduce themselves and present their portfolio, I think they visited at least 100 firms that day to introduce themselves. This is probably the best way to get clients from abroad, clients like to see who they are doing business with, even if you have amazing portfolio they will still be hesitant to give you work for many factors.

First factor is very long distance and time difference, second factor is language barrier, and third factor is quality of work, the cost is usually not a huge factor.

You've to try by email, it's the only way. It's really tricky what you are asking, i deal with a client here in Paris who had experiences with Chinese archiviz firm, but after 2 failed attempt, they preferred to work with local/european firms (french ones, but also portuguese, italian and polish etc etc). The problem was especially the time zone + tight deadlines, they need to control every aspect of the image in every moment, except if you're MIR! ;)