How can I import 3dxml, step or IGES files into 3ds max?

melissat

Hello,

Please help me, the deadline for handling these tasks are coming soon, I really need help.....please help me with the technical issue.

My client uses 3d catia ( STEP or IGES and 3dxml format files), but my university has only 3ds max license. it means I have to import these files into 3ds max. Do you know how can I import these 3d catia format into the 3ds max? what plug in I can use in this case?

And one more question is about embedding 3d model into the video? Do you know how can I do it? and if there is any editing video software you would recommend?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

looking forward for your help.

Br

Melissa

You can import CAD files (STEP/IGES/etc..) through Autodesk DirectConnect, I think it comes included in installation since 2014+ 3dsMax, but it might be available separately to earlier versions as well.

I import STEP files on regular basis and it works flawlessly, they import as 'body object' with iterative visual quality. I suggest workstation with enough memory though.

You can import 3D files into number of video editors that also allow compositing, easiest would be Adobe AfterEffects. Since CS5+ it allows import in factory state, but there are plugins (like Element3D from Copilot) that makes this easier.

Hello,

thanks a lot for your reply, but there is some errors.

after I import stp files to 3ds max, the duplicates happens to some or maybe all the surfaces.

Do you know how can I delete it? just keep only 1 remain of each surface.

or Do you know if there is any optimizer that might help to automatically search and remove duplicates.

Thanks

br,

Melissa