Stained images while rendering in 3ds max, help please!!

marylozano1

Hi everyone.

I hope you are great :)

I am trying to render this scene using 3ds max, I imported the file from revit and when I render it, I do not get the result I want to.

Here are the settings parameters and the scene.

If you know how to fix it, share your knowlegde with us.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Not sure it's gonna help; your problem is very weird.

Don't know Revit much, but it's possible something was imported in your scene i suppose.

Haven't rendered with MentalRay in a long time but i seem to remember i ticked the Global Illumination setting, which you haven't. But even then, i don't see how it could do this result, with or without.

The only other thing i could think of, apart from your camera being in the middle of something is virtually impossible to do by accident. Too many steps.

But maybe you have some weird atmospheric effect. Here are the steps to create one and what could go wrong:

-in Helpers, select Atmospheric Apparatus and create a BoxGizmo

-in the settings of the BoxGizmo, choose Add to select an atmosphere (fog or fire)

-you can tweak your effect in Environment and Effect

What can happen is, let's say you use this to have a fog in your scene inside the BoxGizmo, change your mind and delete the BoxGizmo, the fog effect is still present in the the Environment and Effect/Atmosphere panel. So then, you'll have a fog in infinity in the scene if you don't go and delete it in that panel.

A long shot. Most probably not the problem your having.

But it's so weird.

If you find the solution outside here, please tell us what it is, i'm very curious.

I don't think it is GI related.

What you can see is use a material overwrite in everything and render with that. put FG to default, actually everything to default.

with the material overwrite you can check if it is material related. Be sure to setup the right distance for your camera clipping, like 3 foot from the camera and 200 feet for far clipping.

If you create a new camera do you have the same result?

I see some ceiling lights that are penetrating some geometry, did you try with those lights off?

Try to reduce all you variable to a minimum and test one by one, Lights, materials, geometry.

Fco.