GTX 960 or 750Ti?

Hello everyone, I am trying to decide whether to buy a reasonably priced i7 made with a GTX750Ti or spend a few hundred to get something with the 960 and a larger SSD.

I am gonna use this for Maya and was wondering how big a difference I would encounter between these two cards?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, I am trying to decide whether to buy a reasonably priced i7 made with a GTX750Ti or spend a few hundred to get something with the 960 and a larger SSD.

I am gonna use this for Maya and was wondering how big a difference I would encounter between these two cards?

Cheers

Look....for arch-viz work both of this card do the same. I used both of this. They are same. Now for gaming it will give u a little more decent amount of push than 750ti. So if this setup is for arch viz work then go for 750ti and put the rest of the money in your cpu(not just any i7) and load of ram..... :)

Sent from my Symphony W68 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
the performance gain from 960 to 970 isnt going to be very big compared to 750ti - 960. sure the 970 is better but probably not incredibly much. try to find benchmarks online for both models.

first of all ty for ur reply =)

2nd i did try to search but everything is gaming oriented and i can't really find something addressing the viewport or even remotely ( maybe am searching wrong )

although i've been searching around here and am seeing that " Dimitris Tolios " and " Juraj Talcik " (( Which i thank so much for the info they give )) are saying that a 750ti is enough for viewport , i have the ability to go for 960 and i appreciate being able to play games from time to time , i don't care about the diffrence between 960 and 970 in the gaming department as its gonna be a workstation afterall , but if there is a worthy improvement in the viewport performance say in 20+ mil poly scene then i'll be giving it some deep thought

so i just wanna confirm on the " viewport performance " point before making my decision

and just to clarify i ready through this http://pcfoo.com/specapc-for-3ds-max-2015-gpu-scores/

but i didn't understand what is composite gpu chart that gtx cards took advantage over the quadros

while the quadros in huge poly scenes took the lead

and whats making me confused is when i asked about the quadro 4000 price the guy said a lower price than the 960 by around 30% . so am lost here .......

• 2 weeks later...

What about 3ds max Viewport guys? Any of You has an idea if it's worth buying 960 than 750ti ?

In the near future I'm planning to get some used workstation 2xe5675 xeon (mainly for Vray architecture rendering purposes) and there's a quadro 4000 in the set. Most people say that this card is useless especially in newer Max, so I'll probably end up selling it and buying some gaming card. Any idea if 750ti will be much slower than 960/970 in this field ?

Or maybe I'll end up better if I buy quadro k620, there's supposed to be some kind of driver support on 3ds max ?

Edited by charlieinolas