3D people for Vray - any recommendations?

simonm

Hi

I have had a look around for 3D people and its quiet expensive so before I consider making a purchase, can anyone give any recommendations on which ones they have and are more realistic?

Thanks guys

Thanks Devin... I checked those out and im also checking out http://renderpeople.com - they are more expensive it seems

how is the quality of those you purchased?

Larissa - 2D is good also, but I feel its not as immersive as the 3D people - I beieve so long as you dont get too close (it starts to look creepy and weird) then it looks much better than 2D as it takes on the lighting/shadows better.

True, 3D people to take on the scene lighting without much post adjustment. But the shortcomings of all 3D collections out there outweigh that advantage. I'm referring specifically to the shortcoming of how their hair looks like Max Headroom's hair.

MaxHeadroom_promopic.jpg

I'm not a fan of the eyes either. They just don't come out well in the scan. They lack depth I guess. However, the fact that RenderPeople offers models that have alpha channels for each major surface to allow you to customize them. That is a HUGE plus in my book. That extends your investment significantly.

Renderpeople_Berkan_0108_B1-400x600.jpg

Stop! Hammer time!

True, 3D people to take on the scene lighting without much post adjustment. But the shortcomings of all 3D collections out there outweigh that advantage. I'm referring specifically to the shortcoming of how their hair looks like Max Headroom's hair.

MaxHeadroom_promopic.jpg

I'm not a fan of the eyes either. They just don't come out well in the scan. They lack depth I guess. However, the fact that RenderPeople offers models that have alpha channels for each major surface to allow you to customize them. That is a HUGE plus in my book. That extends your investment significantly.

Renderpeople_Berkan_0108_B1-400x600.jpg

Stop! Hammer time!

This is terrible!!!!... who mix Opeth with Hipsters shorts :p

I agree that they are not there yet, but it is surprising how much the quality has increased lately, this photo scan technique is growing so fast that we will have very believable 3d characters pretty soon. The main drawback now I think is the production time, there need to be a little more development in the software side to be able to produce this character in a decent amount of time to make the prices affordable. I have trow some number to try to do this here in USA but it get really expensive.

I am very happy with this products as they are now to be honest. If they look creepy or zombie like I feel now they are workable and most of the bad samples out there are because the lack of customization of the artist.