Import from Revit to 3ds Max problem

xjapanese

Hi Guys,

I have been working throughout the years importing mostly models from CAD and usualy modeling everything myself. Recently I had to use Revit models in my work and I came on a problem that I can't resolve.Some of the models that I get are perfectly fine with the standart link/import fbx workflow but others come with geometry like a total mess:

1.In perspective mode even when new materials are aplied they look transperant changing and impossible to work with".Though in Ortho mode they look ok ..( why?)

2.Though there are no double polygons when rendered they get numerous mistakes ( black and colour splotches etc.)

Though the architect that gives me the file says they have saved them the same way some of the them are like that and some perfectly fine.

So I assume it is the way they modelled them.I would appreciate if anyone using Revit in his workflow knows that is causing that issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks a lot!

I've had similar issues in the past when linking in Revit models into max. The 'Double faces' appearance turned out to be caused by xrefs in revit being referenced into the model more than once. You also need to check you don't have any non vray material that have been overlooked as these cause massive colour bleeds.

Nikolay

The whole Revit to Max process is always a pain - as you have noticed. Some things to be aware of: Check that the model has not been constructed miles from the Max origin. This can result in display issues that you mentioned. Also do a zoom extents to check if there is any spce junk floating miles from the main model. Related to this is the units setup in Max. In my office we generally stick with cm system scale and m as the display scale. This seems to be OK for most projects. As for the possible double faces, you could perhaps use the viewport XView to see if they exist and to select.