corrupt scene please help

felixsebastian

I have a scene which is corrupt, it takes up 4gb or so of memory I have 16gb installed

I can create a new scene and merge it but saving that out and opening results in a crash. so everytime max crashes I have to merge and re do all of the render settings and its becoming a problem.. would be greatful for any help cheers :)

i'm figuring one of the objects is corrupt would that be right ?

ive had that done before and i had delete a model at a time and then save... process of trial and error.

yeah Max crashes a lot - i feel like i bought a ferrari that breaks down all the time.... i still love it though - it loves me... but we fight a lot.

If you start out with a new scene and you slowly merge one item at a time then and it does not crash that is a plus keep merging them items until you find the one object that is making your scene crash then you know what the cause of the crash is and don't merge that object into your scene and save your scene as a new file name and delete the old scene file. don't over-write the old scene file!

max should not crash a lot try updating your service pack and patches to the lastest

Hi Felix,

Ya, this has happened to us a few times, and we havent been able to pin down the exact type of object which causes the problem, but to resolve it, do what Tony said above and import the items until you narrow it down to the 1 item causing the problem, but a tip here .., perhaps it's obvious, but try importing all but the most recent object(s) first if you can recognise them by name in your scene, then (while saving new files regularly) import the last few items one at a time, if this does not help, they just narrow things down quickly by selecting the top half of the list of items first, them the next 50% of the remaining objects etc, this'll speed it up a bit.

good luck