Sweep Profile Texturing stretching problem at corner

dhananjaysharma1

I tried adding extra vertices at the corners, but could not get the mapping to fix itself. Making the object via loft compound object instead of a sweep modifier also did not work, although the results were marginally better. Box mapping fixes the distortion at the corners, but then you loose the mapping that follows the curve which is important for curbs and such. You could try spline mapping. The Max help file has a good workflow on that.

Last time I had to deal with this I added verts as close to the inside corner as possible, but as Scott notes, this doesn't actually work; the runs look great, but the corners are still broken; I think I had a pattern where the broken corner just wasn't that noticeable. Unfamiliar with uvwxform and mapscaler I had a quick look cuz Corey knows what's what... I couldn't see where the xform did anything other than transform a broken map (they can't help it, there's more distance on the outside than the inside and they hope your cornice is a snake)(it isn't). Anyway, the scaler... looks like it applies a box map before allowing you to mess with... the scale of that box.

My inclination would be to follow Kris's lead and just drop a box map on it. That will take care of your orthogonal sections. For the diagonals I'd use a poly-select to select the faces in the angled runs then give them a uvw box and normal align (or rotate) it to match.

If what you've got is precast concrete or stucco or some such then that should cover it. If you are using checkers, you might have to fuss with map locations and maybe even lots of extra maps if you need to be really picky about wrapping the corners.