vray for sketchup - adjusting size of spherical map in background section

kacperpisanski

You can't. A spherical map by definition is not adjustable in height/width, unless you start tiling the texture. The apparent difference in height of objects such as trees in your background image compared to objects in your model is because you are not using the same focal length of camera that was used in the creation of the spherical map.

Thank you for reply. What is best workflow for matching sperical map with scene? Currently I have set up physical camera on and unchecked override focal lenght. I guess that it means sketchup's field of view does the all math. Now, Field of view is in degrees and focal length of camera is in mm's. It there a way to convert it? Or there is a better way to cope with that?

I don't think there is a way to determine focal length from a spherical map, just pick one that looks right. Generally the background shouldn't be determining your composition, it should be the other way round. For more flexibility the background image is usually applied in post-production, or you could try creating a cylindrical horizon image (buildings/trees/hills etc.) and using this in conjunction with a spherical sky map. You can then adjust the cylindrical part to suit your viewpoint.