Revit+Max+Vray=problem

Devin Johnston

I don't have that much experience with Revit models, since FBX linking is totally broken in Max 2016 I'm using the Revit linking. I'm working on a linked Revit file and I'm having some problems with some of the geometry, as you can see from the image the window & door frames are messed up. The frame has a Vray material applied to it, I've tried clearing UVW mapping and flipping & unifying normal with no change. I'm using Vray 3.20.03 and haven't had any problems like this so far. Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it?

p1.jpg

I just had this same problem with doors made n Revit today.... my fix was to grab each element of the door, move it away from the other pieces of the model, and then weld verts and cap any holes. Then I would move it back.

I moved it away because the door, frame, glass, and transom were all merged down into one piece of geometry. I also had imported the model as FBX/DWG.

I don't know if this will work for you, but it solved my problem.

A map override reveals the same issue, I replaced all the Revit materials with Vray materials anyway so that's not the problem. My units are set to inches and when I look at the geometry up close nothing looks out of whack. After talking to my BIM manager he informed me we got this model from another firm and that it's full of problems. IDK what that means exactly but hopefully it's just this model that's screwed up.

• 4 weeks later...