Laptop-tablet

Hello guys, didnt track hardware since I bought 3930K, did something MUCH better came out :)

Anyway I am now looking for Laptop that have detachable keyboard (or not) and have touchscreen. So I dont want tablet but laptop processor inside. Want big display also. Main purpose is for clients so i can present them some ideas on cafe break or something similar, also I can take it with me and do some sketch in photoshop with pen and touchscreen, or use for basic models in 3ds max and revit (not rendering). If it can handle small realtime UT even better. I was watching windows Book but it is very expensive, also watching Dell but wasnt sure what is good and what is not. Also hear some thing about Book that isnt that good.

Can you recommend me what is good, because I didnt track it for long time.

Tnx

oh :D they all are expensive :D This mobile studio looks nice, as I can see under 1500$ it wont go :) well I wont work too much with revit or max, that is for fast things, most of time it will be used for photoshop and video player. This Dell looks nice to me, only thing that I dont like is display lcd with backlight, they could fit oled... What do I need to look at pen sensitivity?

Surface Pro or Surface Book would probably work well for what you are needing.

If you think those are still too much, the Lenovo Yoga Book is interesting. Comes with a nice sized Wacom digitizer and a nice Wacom pen, but the processing power is considerably less than the Surface Pro or Book. It might handle moderate Photoshop work ok, but that would be in it's upper limits. It is also a smaller screen size than the Surfaces.

As others have written above, the Surface Pro 3 or 4 are hard to beat if money is not an issue, but personally I am also intrigued by the Acer Switch Alpha 12 (SP3/4 clone) that appears to be reviewing pretty good and is considerably cheaper.

Acer Switch Alpha 12 - i5 6200U / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / 12" 1440p IPS / Keyboard cover & Digitizer included ~ $750

The equivalent SP4 with a i5 U, 8GB, 256GB, keyboard cover will set you back almost 2x.

The benefits are better battery life on the SP4, slightly better resolution (~1824p vs 1440p is not a big deal @ 12", but the MS screen is a tad better all-around, and apparently eats up less power) and the SP4 might be a tad faster due to CPU alone: SP4 uses the 6300U which is 2.4GHz/3GHz Turbo, while the 6200U in the Alpha 12 is 2.3GHz/2.8GHz Turbo.

Note that the i7 option in the SP4 is also a dual core, like the i5, but it turbos higher at 2.2GHz base / 3.4GHz turbo. It also has HT and better IRIS graphics, but I don't know how much difference it will have in real life. At the end of the day all models are dual core 15W chips.

Sure, if money is not an issue, I would consider it - or if you had to have 16GB of RAM or 1TB SSD, which are only available with a i7 CPU - but otherwise I think the i5 on either SP4 or Alpha 12 should fit the bill.

so dell is no go :) I am looking at the moment book and surface 4... but then acer price is great...
Dell doesn't make a great Win-table atm - I think - but it does make one of the best ultrabooks in the form of the XPS 13 ... you could look into that, its super nice.

In my office ppl are using both XPS 13 and XPS 15. It gets shady with large Revit models using the XPS 13 as it has similar "U" CPU like the SP3/4 and the rest of the win-tablets, but you can definitely run pretty much anything.

The XPS 15 is bigger and packs 45W CPUs vs. the 15-25W CPUs the super-small laptops & tablets do.

Edited by dtolios