Architecture Visualization School (Offline)

rashedulalam

Hello,

I am Rashedul from Bangladesh,i was wondering if there is any Institute/School where i can do short courses or diploma in architectural visualization as a international stundent. If anyone can help me with any information thank you in advance.

I already completed Diploma in architecture (4 year)

Edited by rashedulalam

I'm not sure if there are any actual schools or degrees for Arch Viz, it's more Architectural degrees with Computer Graphics options. You should know and understand Architecture and be able to read drawings and navigate CAD files, as well as understand rendering software.

You should be able to find online video training, books and YouTube to get you started. However, having a background in Architecture definitely helps you model what is drawn and provide a more accurate and realistic model to the customers.

Thank you Mark, I have already completed my diploma in architecture which is a 4 year course in my country and i have a decent knowledge about basic architecture,drawings,CAD and what not. But i was always more interested in ArchViz. I also have decent knowledge in 3D modeling and rendering. But i want to take it to a next level. I dont want to be an architect in the future, i want to establish my own firm specialized only in this particular area.

Then you're off to a good start. I started in Architecture, then would work on renderings (usually on my own time, lunch break, etc) of drawings I was working on and show them to people at work. Word got around and I started to do more and more until I stopped doing CAD work completely.

Now, however, I work on Automotive CG (still freelance ArchViz), but it's all the same, learning how to make shaders, setup lights and rendering. And like ArchViz, it's all about post production. Taking the Raw renderings to the next level in Phtoshop.

So just start practicing and watch whatever videos you can find online, and post W.I.P. images here for people to give pointers and tips. You can start with Max, Modo, Cd4, Blender or wharever you like, though Max and VRay are the most common in the industry (or we will see when the latest survey results are in)

Hi Mark, Thank you again for your kind words. Looks like we have similar background, i also started discovering "ArchViz" as a self interest and gathered basic knowledge about Sketchup,VRAY,Photoshop,Lumion etc going through online tutorials. And im currently working as a freelancer with a circle of architects (Small interior projects etc). However in my country in order to accomplish so called "Social status" you need a proper Honours degree like B.Arch. As i have told you before i have completed diploma in architecture which is'nt equivalent to B.Arch. But i dont want to go through the 5 year Bachelor in architecture degree. Thats why i was thinking about a ArchViz short course which would give me a certificate so that i can start my own firm in my country.

And yeah i completely agree postproduction is one of the most vital part in this sector, though im not very good with photoshop or postproduction sense yet.

'''However in my country in order to accomplish so called "Social status" you need a proper Honours degree like B.Arch. As i have told you before i have completed diploma in architecture which is'nt equivalent to B.Arch. But i dont want to go through the 5 year Bachelor in architecture degree.''... Your 4 years degree is not a proper degree? You want to open your own company right? Experience matters. I would try to get an Intern place in an Archviz studio. 4 Years Architecture-education is enough.

'''Thats why i was thinking about a ArchViz short course which would give me a certificate so that i can start my own firm in my country.'''

You just need a paper or do you actually want to learn something? Both I guess huh?

I would try Europe t. B.Arch degrees are 3 year degrees, and you can get a M.A. in 1 or 2 years. In some countries Bachelor and Master programs are for free (Sweden, Germany etc) . There is a programm called ''Architecture Mediamanagement (Master)'' You need a 4 years architecture course (diploma or bachelor) to join...

• 4 months later...

Hi Rashedul and Priyank, i am glad to see lot of people from our side trying to get into the archviz industry.

I studied architecture myself in India from 2004-2009 and did work as a jr. architect for 2 years. If you ask me, the best way to get into this industry would be by experience and by interning/working with established architects/artists. You can browse through this website itself, and find there are already a lot of people who are doing exactly this, and you can easily approach them for work possibilities.

I am not sure how would 'doing a course' benefit you. This industry is based on individual skills, and there is a lot of work involved, which cannot be taught, but needs to be developed in due course of time. I have been in the visualisation industry from the last 6-7 years, and do work for a very small but prestigious studio in Europe, but i also had to start at the bottom.

I am not sure how would getting a degree or a certificate help you in starting your own firm. Hanging a certificate on the wall does not immediately get you clients.

Do take the advice and start working under someone, build your contacts, and your style in the business.

Cheers

Thanks for reply. glad to have suggestion form experienced person.

Ofcourse I know that degree wont get me clients and there are lot of good tutorials are available online. but i am looking for ArchViz(or any related CG) degree or certificate course in Canada to get student visa, study for some time and settle down there.

I would not pay for a vray-oriented course. Some courses have been created a long while ago and i'm not sure it's still relevant. You have the most important part, an architecture degree imo. Now it's a matter of learning modeling/rendering. There are a tons of up-to-date tutorials to learn rendering on youtube.

Do you need to learn to model too?

• 2 weeks later...