Free Pre-Render Script to check things you may have overlooked UPDATED

Morne Erasmus

UPDATED!

Hi all

You may remember my PreRenderCheck script from a while back. It's now UPDATED (actually completely rewritten from scratch and greatly improved from the previous version)

PreRenderCheck.jpg

• New feature – now with a User Interface and remembers your settings
  • New feature – automatically applies the script for you to the “Scripts” > “Pre-Render” setting in the “Render Setup Dialog”
  • New feature (Experimental) – never worry about 3ds Max Gamma settings ever again. Fixes the 3ds Max Gamma to a modern 2.2 LWF at render time*
  • New feature – checks if you have the VFB Region Render Enabled (I don’t recommend using this as it may become annoying quickly)
  • New feature – checks if the Max Frame Buffer is set to “View” (I don’t recommend using this as it may become annoying quickly)

So we've all been there, click render and walk away from your desk, only to come back to something that is not your render. I wrote this little script to help prevent things like that.

Here's a preview:

PreRender_camcheck.jpg

and

PreRender_dontrenderfinal.jpg

Use at your own risk and report bugs please. Get it here:

http://mornestudio.com/prerender/

Happy Rendering!

Thank you for your feedback!

seems to be much more annoying than useful

why not make your script automate the sending of renders (file paths, cameras, baked GI, render layers, light sets etc) rather than just making popups?

Because this script is a CHECK to see little things you may have overlooked, and then warn you about it. However, several people have asked to just give all the warnings one shot on the same screen, a list type of thing if you will. I also received a lot of feedback for other checks to be implemented. So, in the next update, I'm hoping to have less popups, and have things more automated. I'll post here when v2.1 is ready.

That being said, the things you are asking for, is more suitable for a differenet script, namely my ClickNRender automated Render Setup and Rendering Script, which I'll also be re-coding from scratch. I may keep the old one as a legacy version for people not yet on V-Ray 3.x

Some minor things in both these scripts, may overlap. Therefore, I may either combine them into 1, or integrate settings in the 1 to effect the other.