Email & shutdown on render end

elipan

Hello,

I hope this is not a rare request because I can't believe I am the only one who need this.

So.. usually I leave the office with the batch render process running.

Camera Batch Render does the job just fine with saving the images and I also set a post-render script to shutdown the workstation and the render nodes.

Anyway, I also would like to receive an email notification after the render is done. The reason for this is there been a couple of times that I came back to work in the morning to find out no rendering was done because a power blackout interrupted the entire process..

So anyone have an idea how to makes this or have a working script?

"Email notifications" rollout in the Common tab of the Render Scene dialog.

I will note that in 18 years of using 3ds max, I've never gotten that thing to work properly, but I haven't tried terribly hard either.

A different way of solving your problem might be to install Deadline, which is free for up to two machines, and will automatically resume rendering after a power outage when properly configured.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I too have never managed to set up 3DSMaxs in-software email service.

I usually just save the completed batch renders into a Dropbox folder on the workstation in the office. This will populate my Dropbox at home, and on my phone. I also leave TeamViewer open on the workstation at the office, and take a note of the ID / Password so if something does go wrong (besides a power failure or workstation fire) I can remote access into the workstation and restart the render if needed.

Both softwares are free and reliable. Teamviewer can even be installed on phones, which can be handy if you're on the road away from a PC.