grainy shadows and reflections when rendering

daniellg

Hi everyone, im new here.. ive been using 3dsmax for a while and im trying to learn to render some interiors..

right now im having this problem, i get grainy shadows and reflections when rendering using mental ray...

testgranulos.jpg

here are the settings i used so far..

problem.jpg

i cant seem to find the answer in other posts for ive tried a few of the sollutions posted but nothing seems to work for me.. can anyone help me? thanks!!!

Daniel

problem2.jpg

Daniel, please reefer to the help of 3D Max, there you can find explanation of how Mental Ray works and some tutorials to get you started.

When you mentioned that ' you can't find answers' for this mere problem, if you do a search on this forum you'll find several.

Your samples settings are low, your FG settings are low too, what you see is a good preview image to work materials but for final rendering you need to increase antialising and adjust your FG as need it.

thank you for replying, i did several test using different values in FG but nothing changed! now i tried with the sampling and i got it working... thanks for your guidance..

ps:as you recommended, i also read the 3dsmax help and found it very helpful!

D.