Invoice Advice

francissmith

Good evening everyone!

My question for this thread is can someone critique my invoice?

I'm trying to come up with the best invoice for freelance CAD/ BIM work and possibly future 3d design. I have this generic Excel invoice that I modified to fit myself for now but would like to create a more professional one.

I appreciate any ideas, advice, or input.

Here is a screenshot of what I currently am using. The logo is under construction but i do have one for a design company i would like to have in the future.

Screenshot 2017-04-25 19.01.12.png

Respectfully,

Francis

You're only going to work hourly? I do sometimes, but usually work on a project cost. Hourly can be on top of that for 'changes after approved preliminaries'.

Don't throw in a free 30 day wait. Terms are 'due upon delivery', which means they will take up to 30 days. Your way means they won't even think about paying you for 30 days. Freelancing is all about cash flow.

Clients usually want you to have their project number on your invoice.

Sales tax

Usage terms should be spelled out in a contract/proposal, but if not, and maybe additionally, they can be listed on your invoice.

Also - perhaps you could think of a business name that isn't your name and register a DBA.

Edited by Ernest Burden

I just started doing Freelance and have no idea what I'm doing obviously. My only client is a pool company where I do site plans and design pools for them. Hopefully get more interesting and fun work in the future.

but a few questions from what you wrote:

- how would i do sales tax? and is the tax on my services?

-i do have a business name in mind, just still really new to this whole things.and what is a DBA?

But thank you so much for you response and willingness to help