Sketchup Vray Models

Hey guys

I am not sure if this has been posted before(probably but I can't find anything) so forgive it is has. I am usin Sketchup 2017 with vray 3.4. I am still learning the parameters and how to modify materials but my questions is regarding models. I am having a hard time finding models for sketchup that are high quality i read that the modes from evermotion will work but will be really heavy as they have a lot of faces. I found plants and trees from Laubwerk which are awesome but at 250$ Cad for one plant kit, I feels it's a lot. Where do people get the models when rendering with Vray in sketchup? I see a lot of great renders using Sketchup but what is the source? Additionally, is the a subscription based website that has high quality models and materials?

Thanks

Nick

You can import models from anything really (I'd suggest not importing them into your main scene, open them in a new scene, clean them up, set the layers, purge, etc. then copy/paste to working scene), If you have access to Max, you can load the models in there, run a pro-optimizer on them first to cut polys if you can.

I get models from the 3dwarehouse a lot as well, the good ones are hard to find, but they are on there. There are some on model sites like Archive3D or wherever. Most of the organic/fabric/soft models are probably imported. I try to model all that I can in SketchUp because I've had issues with some models crashing my scene on render, or between frames on animations.

If you really look hard on the Warehouse you can find things that have been imported from Max nicely and they are free. I have found Axyz, Evermotion, etc. If you have Max files and want to get them into SketchUp, I think so far the best plugin is FluidImporter. The Lite version will import OBJ and the Pro version will import a bunch of formats.

Most things that you find or import are not going to have any Vray settings. It shouldn't take long to set these up and save them to begin a library. Unfortunately, the MAX world has all the fun stuff. There is this website that a good amount of VRay for SketchUp stuff...

http://www.sketchuptexture.com/