3DSM 2016 + VRay 3.40.02 + DR = Bad Buckets

Larissa Holderness

Currently working on a render for work and having some issues with Distributed Rendering nodes.

- Using override material

- Using a daylight system with VRay Sun active and the Skylight disabled.

I've gone through the gamut with the scene and nothing has worked. Old scenes I created last week render fine. New scenes do NOT render correctly. This started once my work PC was updated to Win10 (all render nodes are Win10)

- Rebooted each render node

- Restarted the spawner

- Imported the meshes into a new scene

- Updated Max service pack on all PCs

- All plugins and everything are the same on all nodes + host

- Turned it off and on again ....

Suggestions? Please see attached teapot for example.

TEST.jpg

Currently working on a render for work and having some issues with Distributed Rendering nodes.

- Using override material

- Using a daylight system with VRay Sun active and the Skylight disabled.

I've gone through the gamut with the scene and nothing has worked. Old scenes I created last week render fine. New scenes do NOT render correctly. This started once my work PC was updated to Win10 (all render nodes are Win10)

- Rebooted each render node

- Restarted the spawner

- Imported the meshes into a new scene

- Updated Max service pack on all PCs

- All plugins and everything are the same on all nodes + host

- Turned it off and on again ....

Suggestions? Please see attached teapot for example.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55625[/ATTACH]

I had similar issues with Windows 10, the latest version 3.60.02 of V_Ray seems to be working better tho.

Otherwise you can use the VRayDRBucket pass to identify what render nose it failing.

Hi Larissa,

Two solutions.

1. Try recreating the material. I've noticed that handling it on several occasions and is the solution one of the guys uses.

2. I remember reading about this problem in the forums and Chaos Group could see the problem but found it would sometimes occur and sometimes not. There were two solutions which were presented and one which Chaos Group used as their official solution.

a. One of the guys, and I've used this solution numerous times, mentioned that if you are rendering from one of the office machines, then wait for the render to finish and then re-render the scene. The different colour buckets are gone. The way I sped up this process was by making first render small and with low settings, then changing the settings after the render completed and re-rendering at the correct resolution. Every time the buckets were gone.

b. One of the guys mentioned that your quad menu has in it 'V-Ray bitmap to V-ray HDRI converter'. If you use this and convert all bitmaps to HDRIs then the buckets disappear. This became the official solution adopted by Vlado for Chaos group.

Unfortunately I've looked for the original blog post, but can't find it.

Hope this helps.

Best, Tom

Edited by tomsproule

• 3 weeks later...