Multiple cameras with different image aspect ratios. 3ds Max + Vray.

ahmeds

I tried a script called "Camera Resolution Mod" which saves different render resolutions for each camera (fantastic) and will each resolution when that camera is selected, But I found that it didn't transfer the data to the render dialogue, so that while the safe frame in the viewport would change the render didn't. Which kind of made it a bit useless, or I am not using it correctly :)

Thanks for the recommendations.

Batchcam is nice and simple, it's just a shame I have to use its own 'render' button instead of the little icon in the vfb window (which renders the image ratio specified in the Vray settings window). Anyways it's a minor inconvenience.

Batchcam is a great script, especially the syntax naming when you're rendering a lot of cameras, it's easy to do a couple of changes and render out a new version. But James the batch render should still be working? I'm on 2018 and batch render still works.

Well it does work per se, not very nicely though in comparison to RPM/Vexus, its a manual setup. For example:

- It uses Scene States - not State Sets (which is the new visibility/render manager for 3dsmax)

- It does not switch Cameras when selecting each View, only on render or manually switching between cameras

- It does not display the aspect ratio when changing cameras, you have to do this manually in the render settings or wait until render time (makes things difficult to double check things before rendering)

But it works. :) (I had stability issues in the past, some settings would not stick but seems ok today, production is where it fell down but there might be other things conflicting that Im not using on my home setup)

I like simplicity, in RPM/Vexus once you setup your layers/objects on and off, aspect ratios, time frames, render settings, render elements per Camera, it remembers this when changing between your views, thus saving lots of time.

This is also why Batch Camera interests me - it works with State Sets. Autodesk have not updated their Presets manager for Batch Render...

Edited by redvella

Honestly ... I either have a master file with XRef'd geometry or just set up the aspect ratio before I render. I name the camera using the render size I need.

Master files that use XRefs contain only the XRef'd files, my exterior lighting set up, and the camera I need with the appropriate aspect ratio set up.

Yeah, I second this sort of workflow.

Honestly ... I either have a master file with XRef'd geometry or just set up the aspect ratio before I render. I name the camera using the render size I need.

Master files that use XRefs contain only the XRef'd files, my exterior lighting set up, and the camera I need with the appropriate aspect ratio set up.

Same here. I have a model file, which is then xref'd into a scene file.

In the scene file I have 1 camera, 1 set of render settings, and the lighting for that shot. If I have multiple shots, then I can tweak the lighting, settings, etc without it affecting the other shots.

• 9 months later...

Hi Attila. I've already been using Pulze for a couple of weeks now, it's a great tool for sure. I do miss a couple of features that I liked in 'Batchcam' by Sergo Pogosyan but I'm sure Pulze will have additional functions in the future.