1900x Threadripper motherboard

We are preparing to build a 1950x. We are seriously considering the ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme sTR4, but it looks to be having some early adopter problems as you mentioned. What appeals to me most with that one in particular is the DIM2 dual PCIe x4 module that will accept NVMe SSDs, just hope they get the RAID and BIOS issues worked out soon.

We have not used ASRock before, but it seems to be performing better in customer reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nikolay,

I'm currently building a new rig myself although I won't go as far as a threadripper.

I've read good comments regarding the Asus Crosshair VI Hero. No BIOS issues and quite easy to overclock your CPU with it (managed to get a 1800X to 4,1Ghz without any problem from what I read).

Regarding cooling solution, really depends on your case, and what you're aiming for in terms of noise. Watercooling system are now quite cheap an efficient (see Cooler Master Master Liquid 240 for example). Most of the good cases come with 140mm fans which can do the trick.

Hope that helps!

So we ordered the parts to build at the end of last week and the last of them finally arrived yesterday morning. Got it all put together and it is now up and running.

ASUS Zenith Extreme mobo

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X processor

128 GB GSkill TridentZ ram

1TB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe ssd

Aorus GTX 1080Ti 11GB graphics card

Watercooled CPU and GPU

Still need to get all the software installed and do some tests for OC stability, but once it was all together it fired right up, even did some overclocking on it's own.

Photo:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AotCHBBj6ZsypnbSkJuerN9yULRf

• 1 month later...