rendering animation with State sets -multiple cameras

maxryhan

Hello ! :)

I have 20 animated cameras in total 4500 frames to render with 4 different lighting rigs that I need to render in one go .

Rebus farm and The Ranch render farms don't support "scene state" neither" batch rendering " which is surprising !.

Uploading 20 max files each 6 GB + 15 GB of proxies/textures isn't an option .

Any suggestion for a render farm that support the above mentioned features ?

Of course supportng the usual archviz plugins is required :

(the latest ) V-Ray /Forest Pack/ Railclone/ CityTraffic ..etc

also support for multi-channel 32 bit exr is a must too .

P.S I'm testing with Xref at the moment as work-around which will take time to prepare, so any other suggestions is welcomed too !

Thanks in advance

Rebus Farm will run a CRC check on your textures/proxies, and re-use identical assets on subsequent render jobs, so that should save a bunch of bandwidth. If you run a small single frame while still in production but once most of those assets are locked down, then they'll be there ready to go when you render for real.

Also, a word of warning - scene states are fantastic, but when Scene States break they break your whole file; and they're fragile (adding/deleting layers can do it). Make scene state-less backups of your file.

If you're using V-Ray, an alternate workflow to scene states that can work in your situation is to save out everything in your scene as a few .VRSCENE files, then have each "scene state" as a max file containing only the camera, lights, and .VRSCENE references. Then you still have 20 Max files to render, but they're >5MB each.

Hi @legend 91, It's not exactly what you are looking for but I think it can also work: CGIFarm, you can upload just one package containing all the assets used and also all the max files at once, and then later create as many different jobs as you want from that same package, choosing what max file to use, what camera inside that max file, and the frame range. So basically you upload everything once, and then render as many different jobs as you want. You can even change the render settings without uploading the whole package again, which is great :)

See this http://prntscr.com/hmurst

Hope it helps! :)

Thanks alot guys!

after many tries with xref and uploading and fixing errors with missing plugins and so on I ended with rendering it locally in our render farm ..Progressive for 2 min and using the standalone V-Ray denoiser I get something good :).

@Lautaro Vogel yes that was an option but because of limited tome ..internet issues we didn't go this rout . just as a note you still need you to xref the scene into 20 scenes and upload them as a package in order for this to work as the attached image

Thanks alot guys!

after many tries with xref and uploading and fixing errors with missing plugins and so on I ended with rendering it locally in our render farm ..Progressive for 2 min and using the standalone V-Ray denoiser I get something good :).

@Lautaro Vogel yes that was an option but because of limited tome ..internet issues we didn't go this rout . just as a note you still need you to xref the scene into 20 scenes and upload them as a package in order for this to work as the attached image

yeah, I know, but its a one-time thing. You can upload it during the night and then the next day start creating all different jobs for each scene :)

Btw, the standalone vray denoiser only works with Nuke right?