free elevations floor plan resource

geoffswartz

I'd like practice some arch modeling but I'm having a difficult time finding a resource for free floor plans that I can model from. Does anyone know of sites that offer free floor plans? Thanks.

If you send me your email I will send you some Autocad drawings - what type of building are you after. I've got lots.

If you send me your email I will send you some Autocad drawings - what type of building are you after. I've got lots.

Thank you very much! I'm not after anything really complex at this point as I'm just starting out. A basic house would be fine. I'll pm my email address.

Just Google "house plans" and grab something from one of the many home plan sites out there. It may be worth practicing modeling off of a sales type drawing because sometimes that is all you have to work with for residential archviz (just don't cheat and start with one that already has a rendering). Learning how to scale and trace a .jpg and interpret the design based off of a floor plan and front elevation is key to having added benefit to clients that will set up above cheaper competition.