Murat Yand

1572600468.jpg

Studio/Institution: Custura Images
Client: Family friend
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3ds Max, Photoshop, Corona
Description:

Hi everyone!

This is my very first time posting here. I'm not really sure what I can do more to make this image pop or at least for the time being. I saw different threads here and people were very generous to give tips and ideas so I would love to hear what you guys think. I mean architecture is agreed upon so changing it that much wouldn't be reasonable but who knows as I might just change it completely if it makes sense!

Thanks!

test_8.jpg

Edited by arthrurnoneofyour

I don't do much exterior work so I am not the most qualified person to give advice but I'll give it a shot.

I think you are of to a good start but the main problem I have with the image is that it is a bit underexposed. It's too dark so up the exposure. The second thing is the sun direction. Everything more or less facing the camera is in dark shadow. I would turn the sun around a bit more so the stuff facing the camera get a bit more sunlight. The third thing is the lawn. The grass seems to be in a very poor state with lots of bald or yellow parts. It looks like a pretty nice and not cheap house so I think the lawn should reflect that with some nicer grass.

Hope these tips help you a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks for your advice! Overall I would say that I agree with most of what you say. I think my ground doesn't hold up very much as I was specifically trying to make grass look scarce cause I usually make a really thick lawn and got a bit bored of it. I was going for a more patchy grass I saw in one of the projects and guess it didn't work out that well. I will definitely work on it some time later as there are many things I could have and should have improved!

Thanks, Marti!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Arthrur,

Really cool shot. I tried just doing a photoshop shadow/highlights adjustment of 35%/0% on it and instantly the detail pops out of the shadows (not perfect but often this is a fine quick fix for overly dark shadows).

..and now that we've all helped your friend, can we call round for a BBQ on that cool roof-top terrace when it's finished !? ;)

Regards

Jesper Pedersen

http://www.pedersenfocus.ie

• 1 month later...