Best modelling - rendering workflow for a freelance architect

elliathanasiadou

Hi guys!

I am quite new in here and maybe my topic seems a bit basic.

Basically I am using for rendering vray for rhino as from school times i was used to rhino for modelling and then I didn't want to export geometry to other software in order to render.

Although I know that 3ds max gives a more professional result in terms of visualisation (vray-corona). Which workflow would you recommend for a freelance architect, starting from architectural design up until first rough client presentations renderings and in the end publication renderings. I would like to avoid any unnecessary exports if this does not add up on the final image quality or modelling ease.

Best!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It depends what your budget is really? 3DS Max is something that (despite its flaws) is industry standard; so you'll be able to buy assets to use and drop them into your scene with very few changes plus there is a wealth of information & support out there to help you.

If you were looking to perhaps get something cheaper then Modo would be worth looking at, or even Blender which is free - although purchasing/converting assets for these will be more tricky. Also do not underestimate the power of Sketchup; the speed and ease of use are still unbeatable for arch-vis, especially early stage conceptual stuff.

If I were to go freelance today I'd personally opt for Sketchup, 3DS Max & Corona Render with the Adobe suite if my budget could stretch or Affinity Photo if not.

Hi,

It depends what your budget is really? 3DS Max is something that (despite its flaws) is industry standard; so you'll be able to buy assets to use and drop them into your scene with very few changes plus there is a wealth of information & support out there to help you.

If you were looking to perhaps get something cheaper then Modo would be worth looking at, or even Blender which is free - although purchasing/converting assets for these will be more tricky. Also do not underestimate the power of Sketchup; the speed and ease of use are still unbeatable for arch-vis, especially early stage conceptual stuff.

If I were to go freelance today I'd personally opt for Sketchup, 3DS Max & Corona Render with the Adobe suite if my budget could stretch or Affinity Photo if not.

Hi Chris! Why are you excluding vray for rhino in your proposals and modeling in rhino? thank you!!!