Best workflow for architects - design and visualise

elliathanasiadou

Hi!

I would like to ask your opinions about your preferred design and visualisation workflow for a freelance architect. Which software do you use?

I mostly use Vray and Enscape for Rhino, but I am currently thinking of learning Vray for 3ds Max and Corona. Do you think it is a worthy time investment professionally?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Though this is my generalised opinion (and practice), almost three fourth of all serious crowd works on Max (with VRay or Corona) and sometimes Sketch Up, mainly due to the latter's better learning curve. The latest advancements in renderer technologies have contributed to almost identical image outputs so host applications' monopoly has somewhat shaken now. So actually its easier for you now to take whichever path suits you.

Hope this helps.

Well, if you are an Architect, then Max is next to worthless for construction documentation purposes so stick with Rhino.

If you are just doing renderings, then Max will be compatible with most of your prospective clients and has the widest amount of pre-made models/materials to help you be fast with turnaround.

Personally, I would not go with Corona as this point. Since they were purchased by Chaos Group, it's just a matter of time before it's EOL'd. Also, for service providers, I wouldn't recommend Enscape. It's so cheap and easy to use, I can't imagine firms outsourcing that output. Instead, look into Project Lavina from Chaos Group as an alternative workflow.