Bathroom WIP

Roux

Hi guys. First I'd like to say that the work you produce is truly inspirational.

Here is my first post. I am working away on my first architectural visualisation which is a flythrough of a refurbished convent! This is just a practice piece while I await the information, drawings and plans for the project.

This is done in LW8.3 and fprime 1.5. Sorry for the size of the image but the full size one is still cooking. The bathroom is not a designer home, just my humble spec home. :rolleyes:

fprime_cc.jpg

I have seen a lot of stills done by otacon and others but does anyone have some tips for doing a flythrough with LW? The client wants the quality and detail similar to otacon's "studio set" layouts only moving which to me means the whole light trickery thing gets harder to fake.

Thank you..

The final res is as seen - 800x 600. (the convent project shouldn't be much bigger than that because the project / videos is for web marketing.)

As for render times, hard to tell - Fprime doesn't keep tabs on them. I guess about 4-5 hours but still very grainy.

I have played with comping something into the window but just don't have the right pic yet. Will shoot one tomorrow if the conditions match :(

Will post some more soon.

Turns out my noise problem was due to a stupidly low setting on FPrime lighting quality.

I am rendering some frames now.

Here is a small transition test. I am exploring ways to do a flythrough without having to spend thousands of hours rendering the whole project.

I think this could work but the transition probably needs to go away from the viewer. The lines would be replaced with a simple "sketch" shader on a plain white version of the model.

Transition Test - Right Click and "Save As"

QT7 format about 3.5MB

Comments appreciated as always.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm done with this one now - have to move on.

Here's the final version and a close up shot - click to view full size

bathroom_thumb.jpg

vanitythumb.jpg

Ended up at 20 passes and about 30 minutes for the image at PAl resolution 720x576 1.4..aspect

Hi Roux

Sorry I'm replying so late.

I think your render time problems are due to the amount of bounces.

Use additional Area Lights or raise the Ambient Light or Radiosity Intensity to up the brightness instead.

FPrime copes with these things without any problems but just putting your bounces to 2 or 3 increases the render time exponentially.

Your images look great but the camera needs to be straightened in the original shot. I would personally lower it a little too.

Hey thanks IC.

Yep, I ended up dropping it to 1 bounce only and that made a big difference but did seem to lose some of the warmer colour bleeds that I liked at first.

As for camera angles, I agree - I'm no camera man.

Do you have any tips for reducing perspective but keeping the camera inside a small room ? (Can't cut out walls in this one.. :( )