rendering problem?

viju

Hi all,

please find the attached image. the problem is i am finding it to be very blurry at the edges and sort of distorted especially the building and the curtain wall at the right:(. i have used 3d max scanline rendering with no other special light effects. when i take a close shot, it appeares fine like near the window or columns. but i want it from this particular distance and its looking like this . please help. also give me suggestion on how to improve the image/ composition. of course i have to add few human figures etc. but other than that please give suggestions....

thanks

what software/renderer are you using. it would also help if you put your rendering parameters.

at first glance is that you have some depth of field applied to your camera. but I'll wait until you post a reply to asess it.

hi there

i'm using default scanline renderer, as i am very new to max, i am not very familiar with any other renderrs. and yes i have applied DOF to my camera. is that creating problem? output size is 800x 600 and all other parameters are default

Cheers, i just typed this a sec ago but if you wanna use scan line this should help.

Add 1 skylight,

Add 1 Omni Light, and turn on shadows (Omni will be your sun)

Use Light Tracer in the Render dialogs lighting setup, set bounces to 1 ...

ITo sharpen edges go to the Renderer tab in the Render dialog, and try setting edges to Catmull-Rom, then you can play around till you get what your looking for.

I kinda also wanna add that all these changes might not give you the effect your looking for, so you may just wanna apply the Catmull-Rom and leave it at that, but give her a go eather way :)

thanks digital assassin and jafs00. but now i think i hav a greater problem. the same file when i render in another computer renders pretty neat. is that something to do with my comp? my RAM is only 125MB...:( as I cannot afford to add on RAM...is there some other method?