Mr Animation

hi all,

I am currently working on an interior project for which my stills are finalized.

anyhow I have convinced my client to go for a small animation ;)

now as he said yes i m in trouble because the amount I am going to be paid for it will not psbl for me to on MR animation.

I want to convert the whole scene to scanline and go for radiosity.

Shall I start reediting the materials or there is some way to convert MR arch and design materials to standard.

so that I can go for it.

I cant write script :( (rather donno how to)

lights are all photmetric so that is not an issue to me.

can anyone guide how to proceed.

Regards:

Sandeep

maria sir,

actually i was looking for some but not actually able to find it out.:(

I have got one for conversion from v ray to MR and thru that only I have done the interior with v ray models and converted them.;)

But still I will give it another try

thanks for your quick response

regards:

Ar. Sandeep Muchhal

Why is it not possible?

I did my first MR animation for a client a month ago. Two things helped speed up renders for me:

- Make a cheaper brushed stainless steel refrigerator. I was using a A&D material with built in template for the metal. The settings I had for it did not look very good and took forever. I made something else that looked as good (and in some ways better) and rendered much more quickly.

- Save the FG to disk. Render once on as high a quality as you need with "Read/Write File" turned on. Then for the movie turn on "Read Only" to pull the final gather off disk.

Mine wasn't the longest movie. I don't know how long you have. Same project I did convert one scene to radiosity and probably lost a day on that. The final look of the render also changed a bit, that may be an issue for you or not.

Yes why isnt it possible to do it in mr, even with out FG or GI it behaves better than scanline.

I have done several animations in mr, with full fg and gi and have had not real issues at all. Infact the results were rather pleasing and relitivly painless to achieve.

JHV

Hi Justin,

This is first animation I am going to do. :rolleyes:

so actually I am not really compitable with the things.

I have worked out the path.

as soon as I get it finalised I will go for some test renders along the path with different settings and will show the settings to you guys.

Then will render the final animation.

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot.

I have done photon mapping on the scene and it is really working nice with the draft preset to fg.

The only issue now is as I do the photon mapping my sun emitting 500 photons is working and it is saving PMAP to disk.

but when I move to 1000 Photons max crashes.

Currently m not at my place .

will float the screen shots of the error messages as soon as i get to my PC.

really I am thankfull for providing me the way otherwise I would have shifted to Radiosity and would have lost on this chance to work on MR.

These settings are working finely to me.

The only issue now is regarding 1000 photons.