3D World Magazine - Arch Viz Issue

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

3D World releases special visualisation-themed issue

Issue 102 of 3D World magazine, on sale worldwide from 29 January, contains 16 pages of practical tricks and tutorials devoted to architectural visualisation techniques. Trond Greve Andersen of cover artists MIR supplies five tips for setting up a visualisation workflow that leaves more time for genuine creative thinking, which Gustavo Capote of Preconstruct, winner of CGarchitect.com's 3D Award for Best Still Image, delivers a masterclass in natural daytime and nighttime lighting in V-Ray.

In addition, the magazine contains a complete project on camera tracking an aerial visualisation shot, including a special new trial edition of boujou bullet on the CD; and SPINE3D's guide to post work, based on real assets from the studio's work on New York's Trump SoHo Tower. The accompanying CD also includes architectural models, textures, HDR files and mental ray video training, plus a sample chapter from 3DATS's upcoming book, 3ds Max 2008 Architectural Visualization: Intermediate to Advanced.

You can order copies of 3D World online at www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk. International delivery is included in the prices.

hi Jeff

the website does not list the issues by number but by month, at the beginning of your post you mention issue 102, but the PDF says 101....the website says February issue is sold out.....but shows a different cover, i might be lacking a bit of sleep, but could you clarify please

thank you

cheers

3dS

I looked into this as well with the intention of subscribing only to find that the subscription only starts from the april edition. Looks like a great mag even so but would love the issue Jeff is talking about anyone any ideas?

I'm pretty sure Borders bookstore stocks this magazine if that's any help to you. I haven't received my subscription copy yet so you've got a bit of time before it's out.

You can order the mag by the issue if you'd like. I ordered issue 99 in december because Borders' still had the previous issue, and by the time I recieved it in California, Borders had it. :o

So, if you dont want to pop for a subscription just order it by the number. 102 should be a great issue.

Larry

I found it.......

In the mailbox section of issue 99,......."I paid 20 Canadian dollars for issue 96, simply to be able to complete the Maya sun tutorial. For the supporting material, I was instructed to "see the stop press section of the website", but despite surfing around the site for almost an hour, I was unable to find the relevent files.

Why not simply put the files on the cd for which the customer has paid 20 dollars? What about readers in places where internet access cannot always be taken for granted?"

Response from the mag......

"Apologies to anyone who has had difficulty finding supporting material for our tutorials. Where lack of space prevents us from including the files on the CD, we have now started printing the specific URL of the download page in the magazine and including a direct link from the interface of the disc." endquote.

There you go.

Larry

Hi there,

I'm pretty confused with the numbering as well. The latest issue on the site of 3D World is issue n° 100 (with the 100 greatest movies), and on myfavouritemags they sell that one as the latest to appear in february 2008...

How you guys get an issue that hasn't appeared yet? Somebody can maybe post a picture of the 101 and 102 cover?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm pretty confused with the numbering as well. The latest issue on the site of 3D World is issue n° 100 (with the 100 greatest movies), and on myfavouritemags they sell that one as the latest to appear in february 2008...

How you guys get an issue that hasn't appeared yet? Somebody can maybe post a picture of the 101 and 102 cover?

Thanks!

... I just saw Jeff posted the cover of issue 102 already, but the 101 must be interesting as well, no? With the photoshop tutorial of spine 3D...