Vray and IES, not working, blotches!!! HELP

tasi55

Hi guys,

Dont know if this is posted in the correct section, please let me know.

I have a huge problem. Have designed a building for studio but have a huge lighting issue, I cannot get the interior lighting right at all. I have downloaded light fittings and ies data from Erco.com. Have merged the model into my scene, hit render and I get these unsightly blotches.

I thought IES and vray worked really well. Any suggestions to what this could be? Not for me and I know it is going to be something stupid I have overlooked.

I am using Vray physical camera, Vray Sun + Sky, Irrad. Map and Lighcache.

This is all from one light, not including sun.

PLEASE HELP

it looks like you are having issues with your refraction settings for your glass. I could be wrong. but it does look like you are having refraction issues.

Thanks for the reply, I am having a little problem with glass but that is because this what brought in from Rhino using nPower translators.

But even when I hide glass still getting these weird effects. I have attached my scene. Thanks in advance

Jay

Edited by tasi55

You may want to use a different light than the one you have. You can use a standard photometric free light with vray shadows turned on. under the web parameters setting in the light, place your IES file into there. that should help. I've never used erco ies files before so I don't know if they play well with vray. but using a standard photometric light you should be able to have a lot more control over the settings. maybe you could even use the vray ies light? I haven't tried using a vray ies yet so I'm not sure how well they work.

So when using then, how would you suggest to do so to get good realism. Would I just model a light fitting, say a downlight and then have the Photometric light emitting out of that?

And also, use VrayIES or Photometric?