Vray Distributed Render problem

stormblast

I am currently using Windows xp x64 with 3dmax 2009 x64 & vray 1.5 sp2.

All my maps etc are on a network path which can be accessed by the DR Slaves.

I am having 2 different problems when i use DR.

1) When using DR rendering, the hdri file is not reading sometimes on 1 of the slaves (It reads all the texture maps perfectly). I am using multiple slaves. It is very random. Sometimes it reads & sometimes it doesnt which causes the lighting in the scene to render wrong. Also it keeps happening with diff slaves & not just 1 particular machine. I have also tried using diff hdri but still the same problem is there.

2) I have created a walkthrough. the file is quite heavy & there lots of textures on the network. When i try to render the file using DR, max crashes. It has rendered the animation once, but most of the times when clicking render after loading some files etc max crashes. When i put DR off & render the same file on the machine it renders immediately without crashing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

try to turn on 'check for missing files' in the vray settings rollout, and it will tell you which machine cant load the texture and in the vraylog from that machine should tell you why.

are the textures hosted on a server based operating system? regular XP has a connection limit that can come into play depending on how many systems are trying to load textures at once

try to turn on 'check for missing files' in the vray settings rollout, and it will tell you which machine cant load the texture and in the vraylog from that machine should tell you why.

are the textures hosted on a server based operating system? regular XP has a connection limit that can come into play depending on how many systems are trying to load textures at once

I think i have already tried the check for missing files option but it still continued to render. I will try it once again & see.

I am using FreeNAS on the server. Am not using a Windows os on the server.

Any idea about the crashing?

Hi Dave, I tried the check for missing files option. As i had already said earlier, even after putting the option on i am facing the problem. It is only happening with the hdr. All other maps n textures are loading perfect.

Here is an attached image. because of the hdr not loading, even the textures are showing diff brightness & colors to them.