Hi all, I am building a desktop - workstation for the first time, for my working purpose as an architect - So I am quite a noobie and I know nothing about OpenCL or OpenGL or the difference in different DirectX version.
This desktop-workstation will be only use for Work purposes. ( I don't game )
List of Programs I will be using are :
1) Adobe CC - Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc
2) Autodesk - AutoCAD (Intense), Revit (Intense-used), 3DSMAX + Vray
3) SketchUp + Vray
4) Rhino + Vray
I will be running Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
So, my work goes like this - From Planning to 3D Modelling to Rendering. While on 3D Modelling and Rendering, it will take pretty long to time (especially Render) and the computer will be on for intensive rendering for a long time.
This is the part list I have at the moment (incomplete)
I need help from experience user, especially from those who work with workstation.
1) Comments on the pc parts that I had chosen. Is it recommended for my use? Or I should go with other parts? (Reason I go with 2011-v3 socket is that I read it is for enthusiast and I want something powerful enough, to not mess with the programs while I work. And I did not choose a Workstation motherboard because is too expensive and I don't think I need it yet)
2) Stuck with Graphic Cards. - So like I said, I am a noobie and did a lot of research on this build, but still can't decide on the GPU. I would prefer Nvidia GPU to be honest. So, I am stuck with GTX, Quadro or the hybrid Titan (that's what I read from lots of forums). So, which will suit my needs? I read somewhere that rendering uses CPU instead of GPU, I am not clear about that. I also read that getting mid-range GPU that have higher GB (Memory) will be better off than getting the highest end GPU like the GTX 980.
So, which GPU should I go with that is well-worth the performance and money? And also Faster Rendering Time.
One important thing is that, I am frustrated with laggy, slow computer. So, I want something that could run really smooth for me. I can't afford all the High-End parts unless it is necessary.
I hope to get help from here. Hope to hear from you all. Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestions/opinion/comments.
1) I have people recommend me to change i7 to Xeon, because it is mean for 24/7. But I am not sure yet. Need some more suggestions from experience user.
2) I also have people recommending me to go with Quadro because I used Autodesk a lot and is stressing the OpenGL (not sure with at OpenGL) mean. But at the same time, another recommend me to just go with GTX 970. So which one will be best to suit my needs ?