Hello! I'm new to the site, in awe of all the great work here! Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place...
I'm currently studying Computer Animation at university and looking into arch-vis for my final year project, specifically focusing on interiors. For my primary research I need some industry insight about the workflow and techniques used. If any of you talented individuals have a few minutes, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please answer the following questions.
1) How long have you worked in the industry and for which company (if any)?
2) What is the fundamental purpose of Arch-Vis?
3) What is the current state of the Arch-Vis Industry? What are its strengths and/or weaknesses?
4) Where is the industry headed?
5) What do you look for in a potential employee?
6) What is your standard pipeline for producing a visualisation?
7) In your opinion, what is the most important part of the process (e.g. concept, colour, lighting)?
8) What are the key elements of a good render?
9) What makes a good composition in a render?
10) Do you use any premade models (furniture etc.) from a library, or create your own from scratch?
11) What is your preferred 3D software/renderer and why?
12) What post production techniques do you employ?
13) Would you consider looking over some of my work and giving constructive feedback?
14) Are there any extra points of advice you would like to share?
Thanks in advance!