MAC benchies. . .

Btw,

A variety of net sources are stating this information is incorrect.

They're stating 2.4/2.53B P4's being about equiv to a 1.4. Though I can't confirm that information without being shot.

Either way, its a hella of a lot faster then a Dual G4 :) .

Btw, we need some sort of paging system, I see you floating online gare :) .

Just saw the MAC end to the new system thread below, i particularly liked that touch of the Microsoft optical mouse on the MAC.

Nothing quite like that sort of statement to piss off the real mac nuts out there.

I bit like in full metal jacket, when joker went around wearing a peace sign on his helmet!

Just saw the MAC end to the new system thread below, i particularly liked that touch of the Microsoft optical mouse on the MAC.

The dumbest thing about mac's is the fact that the right mouse menu is STILL THERE. They just don't come with two button mice. Its the stupidiest thing I've ever seen. I just throw away the mac mice and replace them with m$ mice the second they come into work.

If your on a mac with a single button mouse, click while pressing ctrl or whatever the mac equivilant is. You'll see the right mouse button menu pop up.

Sigh.

If your on a mac with a single button mouse, click while pressing ctrl or whatever the mac equivilant is. You'll see the right mouse button menu pop up.

Tell me about it, i sometimes do that as a reflex CTRL-press mouse button action while i am working with PHotoshop on a windows machine now. That is two years after i have ceased using MACs for PHotoshop. I spent alot of time using MicroStation, FormZ, Vectorworks and 2D CAD software on the MAC - those were the days.

Its much easier (and better IMHO), you just hold the mouse button and the menu pops up automaticly. But who uses a mouse anyway, a Wacom with a pen is my "mouse" for now at least five years; my wrist thanked for that move. Why use a brick when you can use a pen ??

Ingo

I'm thinking of getting a wacom tablet for my photoshop work but wasn't sure how much I'd use it for ACAD and 3DS work. It sounds like you're using it for everything!

Please comment on it's use with acad & 3DS and what size tablet you recommend

Thanks

David

Hi David,

youre right that i use the tablett for everything on my Mac, that said i cant comment on ACAD or 3DS. But i use FormZ and Lightwave, and Vectorworks or Microstation and can say that its a lot easier to work with than with a mouse or trackball. In the beginning the only way to get used to it is to unplug your mouse, so youre forced to work with it.

I have an A5 Wacom (6x9 ?), nearly the size of a large mousepad. I first had a larger A4 rablett but that doesn't worked well, so i tried the smaller one. And as a Mac user with a one button mouse i dont miss or use any of the buttons, you have two of them on the Wacom pen. It takes some time to get used to it, but than you and your wrist wont miss the mouse.

HTH

Thanks alot Ingo, i would also just like to add that wacom's own website has some very sauve flash animations about the features of its artpad ranges and pens, explaining how it can be used with photoshop etc, etc.

Wacom also have a very good forum also, for posting queries etc., etc.

I no longer use a mouse on my computer, I don't even have one plugged in. I use a 6x8 Wacom at home and work. I have used them for two years now, Max modeling mainly, I haven't suffered from RSI since.