Help me - New PC

Guest mohsin_95

Guest mohsin_95

mohsin_95@yahoo.com

Hi all & Hi Greg

I am a 3ds Viz4 & Lightscape user and also use maya ocasionally. I am now going to buy a new computer which should be super fast.

I have a budget of 2500-3000 us dollars and located in Kuwait with extreme hot conditions.

so i think athlon will not work here or it can work ? i don't know exactally.

I have to make a decision in 3-4 days so please reply me quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Guest keats76

Are you looking to build it yourself, or do you want to buy from a larger company? Is the room air conditioned? Does that budget include money for a monitor, or do you already have one? What type of software will you be using (3dsMax, CAD, Lightwave, etc.)?

Guest mohsin_95

Hi Keats

Ofcourse i will buy it from company cuz i can't do it myself.

And yes room is air-conditioned, monitor i already have.

3ds-viz, max-4, maya and Lightscape are the softwares.

I am actually confused whether i sholud go for AMD or Intel. Intel is clearly dominant in this part of the world.

But as i came to know through this amazing site that AMD is better than Intel in terms of Rendering/Radiosity.

anyways still waiting for some advice........

Does the place your buying from have a quote list of available parts? Its almost impossible to quote a system for a country in the middle east as the available technology is pretty random as opposed to the states. (Aka you won't have somethings, and some tech is at least 6-12 months old)

If you can give us a url to work with, we might be able to do some system info for ya.

Greg Hess

Guest mohsin_95

HI Greg

Thanks for response. First of all i would like to give you a little bit about our background, so you can give us a better advice.

We are a big Architectural consultancy (ranked 6th in Middle East)involved mostly in big scale projects. Our past experience in computer is toatally with Intel.

We are 5-6 people in Modelling/Rendering section and previously we were using P-4s. As we came to know through this amazing site that AMD is better than Intel for atleast this CG work.

We are excited to go for this Dual AMD but as we don't have prior experience in that we are looking forward for your advice.

Parts are no problem we can order that. Only we need is, the best Specs for the machine.

waiting.........

Kind regards

Parts are no problem we can order that. Only we need is, the best Specs for the machine.

Thats exactly the problem. What store are you ordering from? I'm not going to do a quote only to find out you can only get one or two of the components. If its oversea's I work backwards. Give me the store and I'll tell you whats best from the selection.

Here are some quick examples if you think you have everything available....

Thermalright SLK-800, 80mm adjustable enermax fans, Mushkin Registered DDR, Western Digital WD800JB, Iwill MPX2 motherboard, Thermaltake crystal orb....

(These are just examples, not recommendations)

[ July 26, 2002, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Greg Hess ]

Guest hajer

hi mohsin

AMD dulies will work fine in any resonbley well

condetioned place so don,t worry about that..

if u are not going to configure the system ur

self than try this link they do ship to the medleast and they do configure a verey fine system

http://www.xicomputer.com/index.html

but u wold save allot of cash if cold configure the system localy .. the onley parts u would need

to order I gess are the case , powersuply and the fans and the rest shold be availble in ur local market I know they are availbe in most GCC contrys

so good luke and keep us poosted ...